Week 38: Music you love
Well! This is one of my favourite topics to write about so far. I thought I’d get Dan (my husband) involved. Here are 10 songs we think you should listen to! (It started as 5 but even narrowing it down to 10 is ridiculously hard…I keep thinking of more and more).
- Gallant Bourbon. I only heard of American sing song writer Galant after he appeared in the radio 1 live lounge this month. This song is so chilled and atmospheric.
- Bears Den. Red Earth and Pouring Rain. Bear’s Den are a London based duo who can seriously harmonise.
- The 1975. Somebody Else. We have tickets to see The 1975 at The BIC in December. I am so so so excited. I used to hate them and then saw them live at Reading and was totally won over.
- The Neighbourhood. How. This song is a bit older but I absolutely love it. I love driving with this song on really loud.
- Hudson Taylor. Chasing Rubies. We discovered Hudson Taylor at Reading. They are Irish brothers and create some of my favourite harmonies ever recorded.
- Royal Blood. Ten Tonne Skeleton. Another loud driving song. I listen to this if I need psyching up for something.
- You Me At Six. Too Young to Feel This Old. Another band we are seeing soon. I love the lyric ‘too young to feel this old’.
- Birdy. Wild Horses. I had to include a Birdy track. I do genuinely love her voice and her music but I also used to teach her. There is something a little strange about hearing her voice everywhere now when I’ve sat in a music practice room with her listening to her play and helped her input her GCSE compositions into Sibelius!
- Nothing But Thieves. If I Get High. I love Nothing But Thieves. This song is nothing like the rest of their album and really shows of his voice.
- Bombay Bicycle Club. Feel. Another band I love live. This song makes me so happy. Bombay use a real horn section live and they are so good.
- Will and the People. Lion In the Morning Sun. Dan’s band gigged with these guys and they are so much fun. Their music makes everyone dance and you cannot be sad at all when you listen to it.
Ok…there are 11 songs not 10! I could go on forever.
I will probably post this and then get really cross because I’ve not thought of a particular song but this will do for now. I suggest you go and fill your ears with some of this wonderful music.